Saturday, October 10, 2015

Cancer Patients Start Protest Group Like ACT UP

Many of you have asked me what I'm doing. I've joined a movement and found like minded women who share several core tenets I value. We met because we share the same disease but more importantly I have been inspired by their brilliant minds, devotion to the women and men who live with or passed from mets and the love they exude. They inspire me to no end and I have re-discovered the activist in me that has been buried for many years. We are the ones the medical community has written off. But now, that machine will hear us, they will be educated and questioned about their actions. It's time to stand up to corporations and non profits who profit from our disease. We are holding die ins and meeting government representatives...I consider myself a documentarian and am honored to capture our efforts with moving images/voices. The video below (uncut raw footage) is a die-in. Instead of a sit in we are calling our events die ins. Much like the aids movement we are watching our friends die all around us. We hope these will bring attention to our cause. This video is of the Seattle die in. It is 5 minutes long. Please watch it so you too can understand how our voices are being heard all over the country. If you want to dig deeper please go to the MET UP.org web site. Next stop a March on the lawn of the White House on October 13. Metastatic awareness day.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/848080

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAMmv7na-WA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle Die-In
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-2yiERavEM


More to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment